1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup softened butter
1 12 lbs. softened Philidelphia cream cheese
1 cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine graham crackers and butter. Mix well.
- Line bottom of springform pan. Pour mixture and press with back of a spoon until firmly packed.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool. Lower heat to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese with a fork.
- Add eggs to the mixture one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat for 15 minutes (this is the most important part!)
- Pour mixture into springform pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Turn off oven, and open door about 4 inches. Leave in oven for 1 hour.
- Mix sour cream with remaining sugar and vanilla
- Remove cake from oven, then preheat to 425 degrees.
- Pour cream mixture on top of cake. Bake 5 minutes.
- Chill 5 hours.