2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
- Mix together all ingredients except for oil and powdered sugar.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep fryer or skillet until very hot.
- Put batter into a funnel; be sure to cover the spout with one finger while filling.
- Hold funnel over the hot oil and release some of the batter in circular motions, then crisscrossing motions, to form one funnel cake.
- Cook until cakes are light brown on both sides, then remove from oil and place on paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve while still too warm.
Note: The funnel cake batter will rise and expand, so be really careful about how much batter you use.