1/3 cup Crisco
1/2 cup boiling water
1/3 cup cold water
1 yeast cake
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup sugar
3 – 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- Mix Crisco and boiling water until dissolved
- Dissolve yeast cake into lukewarm water.
- Mix the crisco mixture, cold water and yeast mixture together.
- Add egg, sugar, salt and enough flour to make stiff dough.
- Cover with towel and put in freezer for several hours
- Before baking time, arrange in pans, cover and let raise for 3 hours.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.