3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup margarine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease bottom and sides of a 15×10 pan.
- To prepare crust, combine flour, sugar, margarine and salt in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until the mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly into pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted margarine and vanilla until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Spread mixture evenly over hot crust and bake for 25 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
Note: Makes 48 bars.