1 1/2 cups room temperature water
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
4 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, combine water and yeast. Wait 5 minutes for yeast to dissolve.
- Using stand mixer paddle attachment, mix together 1/2 flour, salt and olive oil on low until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Add remaining flour and mix for 12 minutes.
- Coat inside of another bowl with thick layer of olive oil (about 1 teaspoon).
- Place dough in bowl and turn to coat in oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in warm place until dough doubles in size (at least 2 hours).
- Remove plastic wrap and punch dough to deflate slightly.
- Cut dough to form 4 round dough balls.
- Place each in its own bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 35 minutes at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Flatten dough on flour board with hands.
- Roll to 1/2 in thick turns and roll dough until it won’t stretch further.
- Use pan to flatten dough and pinch to form crust.
- Bake on bottom shelf for 10-15 minutes on pizza stone or parchment-lined baking sheet.