4 cups apples, finely sliced
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- For Icing
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F
- Pour sugar over apples and let stand
- Beat eggs slightly, then add oil and vanilla.
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Stir in all ingredients together by hand with apples and sugar, add nuts
- Pour mixture into greased angel food pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan
- For icing, bring all ingredients to a boil and pour over cake.